Life and Lessons for and by next CEOs

Interesting

The Next Generation Of Speed Reading Spritz – Spritzing

Have you ever felt that there must be a reason why some people can read and comprehend faster than others. The researchers at spritz has truly found this reason, after years of research, they have come up with a solution called spritzing methodology. http://www.spritzinc.com/ Give it a try and come back here and add a comment on how fast you were able to read. I DARE YOU.

Traditional Reading.

Traditional reading involves text in lines and moving your eyes sequentially from word to word. For each word, the eye seeks a certain point within the word, which we call the “Optimal Recognition Point” or ORP. After your eyes find the ORP, your brain starts to process the the meaning of the word that you’re looking at. With each new word, your eyes move, called a “saccade”, and then your eyes seek out the ORP for that word. Once the ORP is found, processing the word for meaning and context occurs and your eyes move to the next word. When your eyes encounter punctuation within and between sentences, your brain is prompted to assemble all of the words that you have read and processes them into a coherent thought. When reading, only around 20% of your time is spent processing content. The remaining 80% is spent physically moving your eyes from word to word and scanning for the next ORP. With Spritz we help you get all that time back.

How does it work? The Spritz Way

Spritzing presents reading content with the ORP located at the specific place where you’re already looking, allowing you to read without having to move your eyes. With this approach, reading becomes more efficient because Spritzing increases the time your brain spends processing content without having to waste time searching for the next word’s ORP. Spritzing also enhances reading on small screens. Because the human eye can focus on about 13 characters at a time, Spritzing requires only 13 characters’ worth of space inside our redicle. No other reading method is designed to help you read all of your content when you’re away from a large screen. But don’t take our word. The following video compares traditional reading to Spritz and is a real eye-opener when it comes to the efficiencies that are gained by placing words exactly where you brain wants them to be located. Removing eye movement associated with traditional reading methods not only reduces the number of times your eyes move, but also decreases the number of times your eyes pass over words for your brain to understand them. This makes Spritzing extremely efficient, precise, convenient and comfortable. For a more in-depth understanding on why and how Spritz works so well, go read more on their blog http://www.spritzinc.com/blog/

Open Source version

Since Spritz Inc still have their version under lock and key and have selectively chosen developers and engineers to access there code, Rick Jones from http://gun.io decided develop an opensource javascript version triggered by a bookmarklet here. It may not have the exact precision as the original at Spritz, but it does work a great deal of magic when it comes to quickly reading and comprehending pieces of text on a website.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Get free business and leadership knowledge.
***I will even send you a copy of my most recent leadership report***
Be the leader you aspire to be
For being on my knowledge list, I will not only teach you business knowledge, I will let you in on any special offers that I may come across, as well as special discounts that I have negotiated for my followers.
*I hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.